"One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things."-Henry Miller

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Crock-Pot Pulled Pork

In this house BBQ is king! When we took a roadtrip this Winter we hit up quite a few bbq joints. The other day I made a Crock-Pot Pulled pork and hubby approved. That says a lot coming from him! I got the original recipe from A Southern Daydreamer, but I made a few changes...

I used our last pork shoulder (from the pigs we raised) it was probably 2 lbs at least

I added 2 cans of Coke (instead of diet soda)--I probably could have used a little less

1/2 a large onion

1 cup of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce

I cooked in the Crock-Pot on High for about 8 hours. I actually didn't pull it all apart until we were ready to eat.

Hubby loved the taste so much he didn't add any bbq sauce or anything! We ate the pork on bulky rolls. It was so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment