"One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things."-Henry Miller

Friday, October 1, 2010

Cheddar Apple Frittata


Trying to think of an idea for breakfast yesterday I spied the apples we brought home from apple picking. I looked through the fridge and saw a carton of our farm fresh eggs, a block of cheddar and bacon. I immediately knew what I wanted to make...one of my favorite recipes Cheddar Apple Frittata. I have been making this one skillet dish for several years now, and each time the boys and I are always pleased with the results. It also always looks so nice in a cast-iron pan! Please excuse my  burnt bacon.

Sometimes I substitute deli ham for the bacon and Mexican cheese for the Cheddar. Either way it makes a great fall breakfast or dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment