"One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things."-Henry Miller

Friday, May 8, 2009

What I am thankful for this morning

The past few days have been rainy and overcast; and the weather forecast is predicting another wet four days! Since they are predicting afternoon showers today, I am very thankful for the few rays of sunshine we are getting right now.

I think because we have been cooped up so much, we all seem to be a little crankier and demanding more than usual this week. Not a good match when both Momma and the boys feel that way at the same time! So I am hoping that this morning we can all get a little bit of fresh air.

The birds seem to be enjoying the weather. The boys and I listened to a bird singing in our front yard. Our guineas seem very happy and are making their very distinct noises. I even spotted a few chickens out happily pecking the ground.

Whenever the rain lets up for good...sometime next week I believe...it will be time to mow the grass again. Daddy has realized lately that he cannot mow the grass in peace like he used to (without little men wanting to tag along). So he compromised the last time and got a little exercise in the process.


Here is Ehric riding and Daddy walking along! I don't think that Daddy wants to mow our 2 acres that way every time, but it sure did make a cute picture moment!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment