"One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things."-Henry Miller

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Our Saturday

Hubby had to work early this morning, so when he got back home he took a long nap. The boys played with their dinosaurs and I bit the bullet and started to work on our taxes. So far I am pleased by the estimated return, we could really use the money right now. During my frustation a friend called and asked about getting together. She really brought me out of my computer/tax daze. Once we made plans I looked around the house and was mortified by what I saw....a disaster zone! I quickly showered, enlisted the help of the kids and hubby to get this place ship shape since we only had an hour to do so. We did pretty good...it usually takes company for us to do so. We are usually in CHAOS mode (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome), someday when the kids are long gone the house will be spotless (yeah right)!

The boys were excited to see my friend's daughter. They treat her like she is a little doll to be spoiled. When she comes over I quickly remember how much toddler's like to climb. It also makes me realize what a transition our living room has gone through since Ehric was a baby. There have been times when the living room had a padded floor, a swing set and climbing structure for the kids. The room has gradually lost a lost of its baby proofing as the boys have matured. Not to say they don't still climb though.

Its nice to have people over our house. We don't have guests very often since we live out in the boondocks. If we had guests over more often I think the house would stay a lot cleaner. Maybe.
We all enjoyed some bbq and chatted for a while. I think we all needed a change of pace on this Winter Saturday. It is hard when we are cooped up all winter.

We spent most of the afternoon and evening catching up on our shows that we tape. The boys were sent to play with their train set when there was adult content much to their dismay. But at one point Aiden fell asleep next to me and took a good long nap, until I felt my leg was wet. Into the bath he went as I changed. Luckily the couch was dry.

I was really tired last night so I went to bed around 10pm. This is early considering for about a month now I have been going to bed around midnight/1am, because I usally can't fall asleep. On the flip side, Daddy and Ehric stayed up a watched a Harry Potter movie. We thought that was funny because hubby usally goes to bed by 7pm because of his early shift.

For the most part our Saturday was pretty low key.

No comments:

Post a Comment