"One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things."-Henry Miller

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pineland Farms Market



Since I've started to read "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver, I've been thinking a lot about incorporating more local foods into my family's diet. We already eat our own farm-fresh eggs and we drink milk from the farm down the road but we could be doing a lot more. So this morning I ventured over to  Pineland Farms Market  and came away with all of the following local fare:

Grandy Oats-Maine Grown Rolled Oats
Little Lad's- Original Granola
Olivia's Garden, New Gloucester- Fresh Basil & Spring Mix
Pineland Farms- Chicken Salad & Harvest Salsa
Pineland Farms Creamery- Cheddar & Fresh Cheese Curds
Pineland Farms Natural Meats- Boneless Shoulder Steak & Ground Beef
The Farmer's Eight Daughters-No Bake Cookies

I love that all of the items are made locally, have minimal packaging, and didn't break my food budget.  I love that I was the only shopper in the store and could shop at my own pace.  Also, as I drove the 6-8 minutes back to my house, I realized that this market (filled with local foods) is closer to my home than the grocery store (filled with food from who knows where) which is 20 minutes away.  So I saved gas to boot!   I am feeling so much more inspired now!

No comments:

Post a Comment