"One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things."-Henry Miller

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Poutine

For lunch today I am enjoying Poutine, which is French Fries with Gravy & Cheese Curds. It is something that I like to eat every once and a while or when I can get my hands on some fresh cheese curds. I first tried this dish near the Maine-Canadian border when I was in my early 20s and fell in love with the combination of ingredients. What is strange to me is that I was raised in a French-Canadian family but do not recall us ever eating this dish. I do remember how much I loved it when my parent's would bring home Cheese curds after a trip to Canada though.

In my dish above I used a beef based gravy, baked fries and a fresh cheese curds. It is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment