"One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things."-Henry Miller

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dog Cookies

Yesterday Ehric and Aiden used some plastic cookie cutters with play dough. When Ehric found a dog bone shaped cookie cutter he decided that we should make "dog cookies." So I found a recipe in my King Arthur Flour cookbook. It was a perfect excuse to use up some liver I had stored in my deep freezer.

I made the dough and then the boys and I cut out dog bone shapes (and a few trucks for measure). The house smelled very beefy most of the afternoon!
I think they look very gourmet! What's funny is that we already have a whole box of store bought biscuits. Oh well, either way they are going to be eaten.
Today we went outside and both boys had to give Nanook a bone. He must of liked them because he ate them up in minutes. I think that once the store bought ones are gone we will stick to making our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment