"One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things."-Henry Miller

Friday, January 23, 2009

Toy Library


We got out of the house today and went and played at the Toy Library. I went specifically today because there was Sesame Street sing-along at 10 a.m. I think everybody and his brother went there today! Usually I am able to find parking either in their parking lot or out front on the street, but today I had to park on a side street a little bit aways. I felt bad for Aiden because I couldn't find one of his gloves this morning. So he had to walk without gloves on and it was pretty cold today.

When we got inside I was surprised by how many people were there. We were the first ones who went inside the sing-along room, so the boys decided to claim two chairs as their own. The man and his wife leading the sing-along are from Quebec. So when they pronounced Sesame Street it was a little hard to make out and they sound a little different. When the man started singing both my boys put their hands over their ears. After that Ehric decided he had enough and both boys decided that they were going to just go play. So we never ended up doing the sing-along.

Another mom from co-op showed up with her girls. So while the mom and I chatted Ehric became chummy with some other boys there. He likes to do flips on the tumbling mats. Aiden likes to play with either the cars of trains. So I felt like I was constanly turning my head to keep an eye on them both.

When I heard a roar coming from Ehric I knew it was time to check in on him. He was just about to bite a little boy when I picked him up. Usually when Ehric starts roaring he is on overload. So I made him stay in a time out for a bit.

Once Ehric cooled down we decided to go upstairs to ride bikes. I was really impressed by Ehric when he waited patiently for the one motorcycle they have (his favorite). Usually he is quick to try to take claim of that bike. He even said 'thank you' after. Much improvement over his behavior down stairs.

For the most part we had a pretty good time despite how warm it was and how many people were there. I even got to have some adult conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment