"One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things."-Henry Miller

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Eggs in a Frame

Seeing this post about heart shaped 'Eggs in a Frame' brought me back to my childhood. I remember my Mom making this breakfast for my sister and I from time to time. She didn't use fancy cookie cutters though just a glass to cut a circle out of the middle. This morning I decided to carry on the tradition and made some star shaped ones for breakfast. They came out so good!

Eggs in a Frame
Bread-Cut a shape out of the center of the bread and then lay both the bread and cutout pieces on a hot griddle or pan

Egg-Crack the egg and pour into the center of the bread with the shape cut out

Cook the bread and egg on one side for a bit and then flip to cook the other side.

**You will notice that the stars that I cut out are missing. I sent them to school with Ehric for a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment