"One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things."-Henry Miller

Saturday, February 5, 2011

GF Waffles

Aiden said he wanted Maple Syrup for dinner. I said, "Would you like to dip something into the Maple Syrup?" We worked out a compromise...Waffles! Then I looked in the fridge and realized we didn't have any eggs! I decided to look online for some ideas and also looked over my usual recipe. I decide to take a stab at making up my own gluten free waffles (without eggs) with what I had one hand. I am happy to report that they came out great!

Gluten Free Waffles
1 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Flour
1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
1.5 tsp Sucanat w/some Cinnamon mixed in
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup applesauce
1 cup Blue Diamond Vanilla Almond Milk
1 tblsp Canola Oil

Preheat waffle maker. Combine dry ingredients. Then add wet ingredients. Whisk or stir to form a batter. Spray waffle maker with cooking spray. Add batter and cook until no longer steaming.

Note: Be diligent about spraying between batches. I found that these stuck easily when I forgot to spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment