"One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things."-Henry Miller

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bradbury Mountain

Today was unseasonably warm in Maine...we were blessed with 50 degree weather in February! I wont hold my breath though, because I am sure the weather will change soon. But for today we got to enjoy the sun. My neighbor and her son invited us to go hiking at Bradbury Mountain State Park. We took her up on the offer and went for a winter hike.


When we first got there we had all the boys in just their snow pants (because it was 50 degrees after all--didn't want the boys to roast), but once we got into the shade of the trees Ehric decided that he had to wear a coat. I am glad that I went back for the coats, because it got chilly on the way up.


The boys all had fun climbing up the mountain. Momma realized how out of shape I am! When we got to the top the boys ran around playing tag with one another. Ehric started a snowball fight, but the boys realized quickly that the snow was cold without their gloves on. Guess we should have brought their gloves with us too!


A woman and her adult son joined us at the top. My neighbor and I spoke with the woman while Ehric decided that he was going to play tag with the adult son. He was a good sport about it and played tag right along with him. Ehric got a little rambunctious and Aiden was antsy so we decided to head back down the mountain.

We decided to take another way down...we thought it would be shorter to the ground but we were wrong. Aiden got tired after a while so my neighbor and I took turns carrying him down. Her son got a little jealous of Aiden so of course he had to be carried too. We were all relieved when we finally got back to the bottom.

The kids played on the playground while I got snacks and drinks. We all chowed down on teddy grahams before heading out. I know that we all left there feeling both tired and rejuvenated. I hoped that the boys would nap after all the excitement but no luck! Regardless we had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment