"One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things."-Henry Miller

Monday, February 23, 2009

Will Spring ever get here???

Last night a major snow storm hit. I saw a news report this morning that said we got around 14" of new snow. In northern Maine areas they got around 20"...that is a lot of snow! Last night as I was getting ready for bed (around 10:45pm) my neighbor called asking me to move my hubby's truck so that he could plow. The snow was coming down so hard and so thick that it was really hard to see anything. Even at that point there were tree limbs done around my driveway.

I cleaned off the truck as best as I could to see, and tried to move it out of the driveway. It would not budge. So I raced back up to the house (hopping through the snow) to get a shovel, and then raced back to the truck and started to dig out the buried tires. I was trying to get the truck moved before my neighbor finished his road, but the truck still wouldn't move. By the time my neighbor pulled up I was so out of breath, cold and soaked to the bone from the wet snow. We figured the truck was not moving because of all the ice under the snow (the pitfalls of getting a melt before another snow storm); so he used his chain to pull my truck out of the driveway. Thank God for good neighbors!!

Here are some pictures that I took of my yard this morning.

You can't really see it too well, but on the right hand side is a lilac bush that is completely ruined now!! Hopefully it will recover.

A view from my front door.

A view down my driveway. Newly plowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment