"One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things."-Henry Miller

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

The boys and I made some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies this week.

A few changes I made to the recipe:
  • I used homemade pumpkin puree (I have a bunch in my freezer from growing pumpkins last summer).
  • I used home-made brown sugar (white sugar mixed with molasses).
  • I substituted Organic Cane sugar for the white sugar.
  • Instead of 1/2 cup of butter I used 6 tblsp butter and 1/4 cup natural applesauce.
These cookies were cake-like and really delicious. I ended up making 34 cookies (I used a large table spoon and just dropped the dough on a cookie sheet). The boys and I really liked these alot! By the next morning I am embarrassed to say that they were all gone! That is how much we liked them. What is great is that they were filled with pumpkin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment